Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Ninja Warrior SE S02E02 recap

I spotted Mårten Nylén when I was at work a couple of days ago (I work at a museum) and as usual when someone mildly famous comes by I mentioned it to my coworkers. Basically got a blank stare in return so I had to text Chriss who reacted much more reasonably, aka by sending me back a message all in caps. Excuse us for being fangirls ...

Aaaanyway, this is what went down in episode 2 of season 2!


Quite a few new obstacles, and they're getting really hard. One clear, and while I won't immediately spoil you as to who that was, maybe you can all make a qualified guess ...

So, what we think happened in this episode was that the fifteen people who made it from the Stockholm qualifiers are now in the Stockholm regional finals, and from there five people will make it to the big finale. We think. It's always a bit confusing to us. 

Source: http://www.dplay.se/ninjawarrior/
First out: Askia Linder, who failed on the rather tricky wind chimes. Apparently they're from ANW, but Chriss and I recognize them as the tampon/dildo obstacles from Sasuke 31. I kinda liked Askia in the first ep, so I'm sad he didn't make it, but I'm laughing really hard at Mårten's comment about how "he looks like a slap in the face". What?

Source: http://www.dplay.se/ninjawarrior/
I completely missed Phillip Lloyd Rochester stealing Usain Bolt's lightning bolt-thing last week. Duuude, you're cool and all, but you weren't even the fastest person through stage one, are you sure you can live up to that gesture? Really?

Well, Philip made it all the way to Cannonball Alley (know as the Chaos balls in Swedish ... and for once I'm gonna say that the Swedish name is a way better name than the English one), and what I found fascinating is that when he got there he looked REALLY tired. We've seen people fail in the most spectacular of ways in Sasuke, but I can't remember anyone making it look like it's as exhausting as that. And look at those muscles, he's not really a weak guy, is he? Then again, Kanno has a lot of muscles and he nevers looks tired ...

Yeah I just wanted an excuse to post this gif again ...
Johannes Ojanpera was the first person this year to struggle with the wall, but after Chriss shouted "I've seen shorter people climb higher walls!" he scaled it like it was no big deal. Maybe he was just messing with us the first two tries ...

Source: http://www.dplay.se/ninjawarrior/
Then we get another proof that the rules can be a little too confusing when Adam says that "everyone here has already cleared the Warped Wall" because ... no, they did not. Ten people cleared it, the other five where just fast enough to get to the final anyway. Keep up with the rules, dude!

They saved the best for last: Alexander Mars, Henning Attlin and Victor Jacobsson (who had the fastest time in the first episode). How did they do? Well ...

Of COURSE the one true Swedish ninja Alexander Mars made it all the way to the top. Honestly, he made it look so easy, and totally proved why he - above everone else - deserved a shot at Sasuke last year. Actually, just watch this clip of him doing it:




BEAUTIFUL. Look at him doing the chaos balls - SO EASY. No one else even made it past them and he made it look like he was just rolling out of bed in the morning or something. I think we're starting to fangirl Alexander Mars pretty hard to, ooops.

Source: http://www.dplay.se/ninjawarrior/
Henning, however, did not do as well. He's never been our fave, but he is definitely good at what he does and fast ... so what the hell even happened here? He almost slipped getting off the Quintuple Step, barely landed on the mat after the Log Grip and while he did the Paddle Boards easily he failed competely at the Jump Hang. That seemed very out of character for him, even though he's fast, he's never really been careless before. Oh well, it's Sasuke Ninja Warrior, these things happen.

Source: http://www.dplay.se/ninjawarrior/
Lastly, Victor Jacobsson. I may be wrong, but I swear his tee touched the water here! It doesn't show in the image, but in the video at least I think there are cleraly ripples on the surface of the water. Though his tee doesn't really look wet later on, but I don't know ... I don't know ...

Source: http://www.dplay.se/ninjawarrior/
He later failed at the Chaos Balls, but due to the confusing rules still made it to the finals along with these other four. Even though only Alexander Mars made it through this stage, I like how different all these competitors are from each other. Johannes Ojanpera is nimble, Phillip Lloyd Rochester is strong and Victor Jaconsson is fast ... but what is gonna be most useful the next time we see them? I guess time will tell ...

A closer look at the second stage will be up this week, then next week Chriss is coming to stay with me for a few days, so we plan on catching up to all the eps we've missed. Next week some of our favs from last year returns, so we are VERY excited.

Until then ....

Sayonara ninja lovers!

1 comment:

  1. Did you stopped doing Ninja Warrior Sweden reviews as you missed the whole season

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, they make us feel special. (*^^*)