Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ninja Warrior SE: episode 4 recap

Air date: 19 February 2015

A quick rundown of how many people we got to see fail each obstacle:


Unless I miscounted (not entirely impossible) we saw more people CLEAR FIRST STAGE than we saw fail them.

Here are the names of the people who cleared it, hopefully I didn't mispell anything. I noted the times when I could, but when they just quickly show them pressing the button and skip everything else you do not get the timing, sadly:


Here's the Top Ten best times after episode 4:

Source: Kanal5play.se

As you can see, that's only two from this ep, Oskar Örn (damn, got his name wrong in my graph!) and Nathaphon Sermjan.

______________________________________________________

Chriss & Ell commentary:

Chriss: "I can't get over that they're calling it semifinal! That's so wrong!"

~*~

Seeing the Jump Hang again after watching Sasuke 6 yesterday, we're back to our standard "ninja please". That's what, 1 meter of jumping or something? It's nothing compared to Sasuke ...

~*~

We saw what we think might be the first instance of someone failing the Cross-Bridge, and noticed that there is no water underneath it? So if you're gonna fail something in this course, go with that or the Warped Wall and you won't get wet.

~*~

A girl we rooted for brutally failed.

Chriss: "Can I throw candy at your computer screen? I'll pick it up and eat it later, 'cause I can't afford to throw away candy."

~*~

We keep discussing our planned Ninja Warrior training for when I apply for the show. I'm gonna stand out and NOT be doing parkour, as idk, at least half the guys who are competing. I'm not sure what exactly I'm gonna do that's more awesome than that, but we'll figure something out.

~*~

"He speaks ninja", says the commentator about contestant Bernhard Dalsheim, which apparently means that he speaks Japanese. Dalsheims is apparently in love with Japan and gives us some advice on how you're supposed to eat sushi (with your hands, not chopsticks). We were mildy impressed ... until he cleared the course! Go Bernhard, but EVEN MORE, go Bernhard because when asked to say "I'm gonna be the first to win Ninja Warrior SE" in Japanese WE HEARD HIM SAY SASUKE.

First mention of Sasuke on this show - Bernhard Dalsheim, you are officially our favourite.

~*~

With Anna Lee Markstedt O'Dwyer (that name is a handful), we have four women in stage 2. If this is, as some people say, a better version that American Ninja Warrior, then I'm wondering if it just happens to be that Sweden has a lot more awesome women than the US and Japan? Or is the first stage just a lot easier? I guess we'll see what the future brings.

~*~

Even more celebration when Camilo Lattof had the best technique on the Spider-Walk, doing it like all the Japanese Ninjas on Sasuke are. He also cleared the Quintuple Step in just 2 seconds, although his final time wasn't that impressive compared to the top 10. We still like him.

Chriss: "I'm gonna call him Sweden's Speed Demon. I was gonna call him the Swedish Asa, but he didn't cry, so it doesn't really fit."

~*~

And finally we're treated to two parkour (no shit?) loving friends, Oskar Örn and Nathaphon Sermjan, who both cleared the stage with great times and did a little happy dance afterwards. It was very cute.

~*~

That's it! We are officially done with stage one, so next week we'll finally see what stage two brings. We have seen Salmon Ladder and Arm Rings in the previews so far, which works well with what that inaccurate Aftonbladet article told us, but I'm not trusting it until I see it all on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, they make us feel special. (*^^*)