Thursday, March 12, 2015

Ninja Warrior SE: episode 8 recap

Air date: 12 March 2015

Obstacle fails:


Who went to stage three?
Jesper only made it to the Arm Rings, but had the best time reaching them.
Totat passes in the semifinal:

Source: Kanal5play.se
Source: Kanal5play.se
And we're done with stage two/the semifinals! Sadly none of the ladies made it, but there are a lot of strong competitors here, and I imagine anyone who failed at the Arm Rings is gonna be hungry for revenger in the next stage.

________________________________________

Chriss & Ell commentary:

Some guy is having trouble with the Salmon Ladder.

Mårten Nylén (commentator): "But he's correcting himself!"
Ell: "Mårten always sounds so shocked when they do that."
Chriss: "Maybe he thinks that he's the only one could really pass the course. I really wanna see Mårten do the course!!!"
Ell: "YES!"
Chriss: "He should compete next year."
Ell: "Hasn't he published pics of him doing the course on Twitter or Instagram?"
Chriss: "Well, I've got some internet-stalking to do."

Well, I may have over-estimated the amount of pics because I went looking at his Twitter and could only find two pics of him doing the course:

Source: https://twitter.com/martennylen/status/565836637641646080
Source: https://twitter.com/martennylen/status/556497238814621697
Which isn't a particularly impressive find when I also found two pics of him wearing sport bras. More men should definitely wear sport bras.

Honestly, I think we all would like to see both Mårten and Adam take on the course, but somehow I get the feeling Mårten would do better of the two ...

~*~

They have a certain sound, that reminds me of Lost for some reason, that they play a little too often for dramatic effect. It works great on the Warped Wall: it kinda loses its touch after we then hear it during the jump to the Salmon Ladder and pushing the finishing button and everything else. As Chriss put it: they could be playing the Thor soundtrack, but noooooooo.

~*~

We get a flashback to Alexander Mellby's last performance:

Source: Kanal5play.se
 Chriss: "SUPERMAN"

Source: Kanal5play.se
Chriss: "PINK SUPERMAN"
Ell: "NICE."
Chriss: "10/10 would recommend"

That is an awesome tee. Where can I get one?

~*~

Source: Kanal5play.se
Björn Strömberg finishes the course.
Mårten (commentator): "As you can see, this guy has got a good grip: if he's holding onto something, he will not let it go. Typical of climbers."
Adam (commentator): "Also typical of me, if I've got a bag of chips in my hand, I'll never let go!"

~*~

Now we have the trio of coursins ... well, there were four of them to begin with, but one of them didn't make it past the first stage. And only one of them - Andreas Oscarsson - actually passed the second stage. Chriss kinda fell in love with him because of his "Harry Potter green" eyes.

Source: Kanal5play.se
Chriss: "We watch it for the plot and so on."

~*~

I know we talk a lot of shit about the Swedish Ninjas and how the course is too easy and blah, blah, but Patrik Hagelin displayed some true ninjas skills when he managed THIS fucking jump in the Arm Rings:

Source: Kanal5play.se
Dude could probably pass first stage in Sasuke. That is a bold move, and but it paid off, because we've seen a few people fail when they try to get up on the last part of the rings, and he just fucking skipped it. Awesome.

~*~

Anja Hodann didn't make it. :( But she got the farthest of the women, so you go, Anja! Next year!

~*~

Mårten finished by saying something in Japanese, I don't know what, but Adam promptly informed us that it was spoken in "ninja language". No. Just. No. It's Japanese, for fuck sake, dude. You're always talking about how people "speak ninja" or "ninja language", and frankly I'm finding it a bit disrespectful. But what do I know? We're just speaking bork bork bork over here.

~*~

And we're done with the semis! The finals are supposedly split into three parts, resembling normal Sasuke a lot more, and while I'm sure it'll be confusing as hell, I'm totally psyched about seeing more obstacles. The first part, I think, is just the same fucking course all over again, but with the Unstable Bridge instead of the Arm Rings. Personally I think Unstable Bridge looks way easier, but maybe that's just me ...

Until next time: sayonara ninja lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, they make us feel special. (*^^*)